Medical volunteers are ultimately responsibility for keeping all camp participants healthy and safe. Our medical volunteers consist of professionals in the field in addition to students looking to gain more
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure the health and wellbeing of all camp participants and volunteers throughout the week
• Distribute medications to participants as prescribed.
• Complete logs in CampMinder system for all treatments provided.
• Remain easily reachable by cell phone at all times in case of medical needs.
• Review health forms of all participants prior to camp.
• Participate in remote Medical Volunteer training webinar prior to camp.
• Oversee the work and support the learning of Assistant Medical Volunteers throughout the week of camp.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Current MD, PA, NP, RN, or EMT license
• Appropriate state licensure
• Ability to maintain high energy and enthusiasm for a strenuous week of activities
• Willingness to follow instructions carefully and trust in the guidance of PALS staff
• Ability to assert authority when needed while remaining a strong and positive role model for all camp attendees
• Patience and respect for individuals with disabilities, which could potentially include: their unique perspective and approach to daily tasks, need for more structure or support, and the unlikely possibility of managing, with dignity, tact, and respect, any delicate and potentially embarrassing situations or encounters
• A fun and positive approach to camp and life in general!