PALS Ambassadors are volunteers who work to promote PALS through their personal and professional networks. PALS Ambassadors will work to support the growth and development of the organization through various fundraising and recruitment efforts.
- Foster partnerships with local universities, high schools, and local nonprofit organizations to recruit new campers and volunteers.
- Attend events that will help further PALS’ recruitment initiatives, share brochures/flyers and other materials, gather information from potential volunteers and campers.
- Build and promote a personal online fundraising page that supports PALS; help to fundraise throughout the year (especially during Down Syndrome Awareness Month, World Down Syndrome Day, etc.).
- Build and execute fundraising events that benefit PALS.
- Strive toward meeting monthly initiatives based around successful recruitment and fundraising goals.
- Attend optional, monthly skills-building workshops that will support your efforts throughout the year.
- Promote inclusivity and friendship across racial, gender, ability status, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic lines.
- Effective communicator in person, via email, on video chat, or at public events.
- Eager to be the voice for PALS out in the community.
- Excitement and readiness to share PALS with friends and family, in an effort to reach personal fundraising goals.
- Experience operating within Google Drive,
- Attentiveness to monthly initiatives/goals to earn incentives.
- Strong belief in PALS’ mission with dedication to our non-profit and its community.
Previous PALS experience is encouraged but not required.
This is a part-time volunteer position, with an expectation of 5-10 hours per week from August to May. Monthly incentives are provided as ambassadors reach the initiative goal!
Sign up for the Ambassador Program at any time throughout the year!